Media Frustration in 2016

March/06/2016 9:58AM
1 interesting comment, join the discussion
Please follow and like us:

It is very interesting to watch the media in agony this election cycle. Dating back to the Kennedy/Nixon debate, the media has believed they determine the outcome of most elections. Maybe they have. But, the big issue this year is the distrust the pubic has for the media. That translates into reverse endorsements. The more the media beats the drum for their candidate the more the public switches to a different candidate. The more the media trashes a candidate the more the voters support that candidate.


Greta put this poll on Fox News. It should tell Fox News something,  but remember the media isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer. Fox is the only news program not supporting liberal candidates. Hence, the others have lost most of their non-liberal audience. So they are fighting for 40% of the viewers. How stupid is that? As a marketing professional I can tell you Fox has the easy route to ratings since they are the only game in town for the remaining 60%. It’s been working well for them. They profess to be fair and balanced, but perception is reality and since Obama has attacked them almost as much as he has blamed Bush, they are seen as far right. So just keep you head down Fox and don’t screw up and you just keep growing while the others shrink. But, no.

Article from:  US

Wed, 24/02/2016 – 16:20
Fox News Channel

Since the first GOP presidential debate last August, Fox News Channel seems to have lost its perception mojo with its core right-leaning audience.

By mid February, FNC’s perception by Republican adults 18 and over had reached its lowest point in more than three years, and has declined by approximately 50% since January of this year.

Coinciding with Trump’s rise to front-runner in the GOP presidential race, Fox News Channel has seen its perception by Republicans slide. In early August 2015, right after the first GOP debate aired on Fox News Channel,Trump went on a Twitter war with moderator Megyn Kelly, saying she “bombed” and calling her “a lightweight reporter.”

The picture hasn’t been rosy in terms of the general population either: since last May, Fox News Channel’s perception levels with adults 18+ have uncharacteristically been drawing significantly more negative feedback than positive. At this point, both FNC and CNN are scoring at similar perception levels and they are both negative.

To measure perception of the two networks, YouGov BrandIndex used its Buzz score, which asks respondents: “If you’ve heard anything about the brand in the last two weeks, through advertising, news or word of mouth, was it positive or negative?” A score can range from 100 to -100 with a zero score equaling a neutral position.

On January 1, 2013, Fox News Channel’s Buzz score with Republican adults 18 and over was 49. By the first GOP debate last August, the score had dropped to 38. The downward momentum accelerated earlier this year when Fox News Channel’s score dropped from 36 on January 18th to 14 on February 12th. Trump declined to participate in FNC’s sanctioned GOP debate on January 28th. Fox News Channel’s current Buzz score is 17.

Buzz: Fox News Channel (Republican v Democrat
This is all on Megyn Kelly, since O’Reilly and the others have stayed out of this fight while Kelly has battled with Trump and favored Rubio.
This does tell you two things. One, the media does want to tell you who to elect and two they are extremely ignorant. For Fox to let one news person destroy their brand is beyond stupid. She will move on but the damage will linger. Ask these people.
Please follow and like us:

Other Articles You Might Enjoy:

Comment (1)

  1. Charlotte says:

    I really despise Megyn Kelly. She is nothing but a pretty face (well, that new haircut doesn’t do anything for her) who wants people to take her seriously. This after she attacks Mr. Trump AS A MODERATOR. Perhaps she doesn’t actually know what that job description is.

    Going on Howard Stern’s radio program and talking about vulgar intimate things really showed a lot of class. /sarc off

    Very hard to take her seriously when on her twitter feed she openly talked about taking Trump out of the running during the first debate. She cannot in any realm claim to be neutral. Period.

    FOX is dead to me, but since I don’t own a TV that isn’t going to hurt them. SNORT!!!

Leave a Reply